I was so glad to get this one done so I could send it to my grandson. He has been checking on it’s progress the last few months, so now he won’t have to wait anymore.
I had great fun knitting this one. I even knitted some extra leaves, which I placed in the front of the duck, stuffing them a bit to give it a 3 dimensional look.
One other thing I did differently from the last pillow was to make my own pillow form. I discovered that most of the forms (no matter what you pay for them) are made with clumps of fiber fill, often leaving a lumpy surface. Of course, that is unacceptable when you have spent many hours working on one of these pillow tops. The only solution-make it yourself.
I began the process with a sheet of Poly-fill quilt batting. I cut two 17 inch squares, then machine sewed them together on three sides, using a long stitch. I stuffed the middle with tiny pieces of fill, poked them in place with a #1 DPN, then whipped the open edge shut. You could even use two thickness (sheets) for each side to unsure an even smoother surface. Anyway, it worked great. It will also dry much faster as there is no cloth on the inside.
I will be making all my pillow forms from now on.
Now it’s time to box it up and head to the UPS store. My grandson will be a happy camper!
I hope to have this pillow pattern available soon. I will be starting my J’s Designer Pillow page soon.